Friday 5 November 2010

New York New York


So tomorrow will be a momentual day in my life. It will be the day that I travel to New York to work, as a writer. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
I'm staying on the Lower East Side, which I'm told by the lonely planet is the Shoreditch of New York. (I will never be free of the scensters). I'm expecting twat hats and jazzy vintage jumpers and lots of people with silly small dogs. (I may be mistaken but this is just my initial impression). Then I'm off to Queens to work where I'm told not to expect anything remotely healthy for lunch and that's about all I know. I have a full day to myself on the Sunday so I plan to visit Katz Diner for a full-blown and calorific American breakfast to prepare me for a full day of tourist activity. I want to visit Ground Zero, the Empire State, the Rockefeller and maybe take a ferry around the Statue Of Liberty followed by a few shops and maybe a show. Do you think I'll manage it all? I'll give it a good old try. I'll be blogging while I'm away so leave me suggestions of places to visit and I'll see if I can fit them in..Wish me luck.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails