Sunday 10 May 2009

Guilty pleasures



Everyone has one, a secret treat that really isn’t cool. It shows the side that no one else gets to see, and the things you otherwise pretend to hate. Like that Spice girl’s album you have on your IPod or that collection of truly cheesy films you keep hidden at the back of the shelf. I dare anyone to challenge my movie collection. It’s utter crap. Really it is. Mean girls, Clueless, Maid in Manhattan...I have them all.
Thursday night is TV night and nothing or no one gets in the way of it .I don’t watch soaps and I barely catch an episode of Hollyoaks these days, but when Thursday comes along the tracky-b’s go on, the phone goes off and the TV is mine. Katie and Peter is my ultimate pleasure, and I love it!! Admittedly, if I had Sky TV then America’s next top model would definitely be included in my night of pure indulgence. Yes, yes, what a load of mindless rubbish. Read a book, listen to the radio, bla bla bla. But it’s a chance to switch off, tune out and enjoy an hour of escapism.
Ironically, it’s everything I hate, it really even surprises myself. I don’t particularly like glamour models or failed nineties pop stars but their kids are cute, they make me laugh and I like to see what’s in their house. Roll on Thursday.

1 comment:

My New Favourite Thing said...

I take your Maid in Manhattan and raise you High School Musical 1,2 AND 3!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails