Tuesday 2 February 2010

Hooray for Ga Ga!


I had quite a heated debate with a friend of mine at the weekend over the legendary Lady Ga Ga.

“She’s awful, “my friend said.

“What are you serious?” I replied, “Have you seen her videos? Her Bad Romance video? She wears a pair of those mental Apocalyptical McQueen shoes! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?”

“I just don’t like her!” she said. “I think she’s crap!”

I could see my plight for Ga Ga was bordering on useless, I had more chance of fighting Osama bin Laden’s corner. Maybe the reason I feel so strongly about this subject is that Lady G is quite clearly a pop sensation and a fashion guru of the highest calibre. She brought pop music to the world in a slick package of high fashion, creative eccentricity and some pretty catchy songs to boot. Yes she’s utterly bonkers with a capital B, and no I wouldn’t want to be left in a room with her for too long but Ga Ga embraces fashion with such vigour I challenge you to find a fashionista that doesn’t like her on some level.
On Sunday, Lady Ga Ga stepped out in a truly show-stopping creation at the 2010 Grammie awards. Accented with her newly-dyed yellow hair and always sky-high heels (that should probably come with a health warning), Ga Ga stole the show in her fabulous sculptural Armani dress and showed the world what it is to be a true style icon! Now that’s what I call a party dress!

N.B some events in this blog may have been exaggerated for dramatic effect.

http://cathufton-aworkinprogress.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails